This is a special intermediate workshop for kids keen to work on a
whole-day project exploring the intersection of Science, Technology,
Engineering, The Arts and Mathematics (STEAM).
Participants will use LEGO Boost kits to create a robot, design the
mechanisms on board and develop a program to create circular drawings
reminiscent of the classic Spirograph toy.
Children will collaborate with a partner on the day, using one robotics
kit and one tablet for coding between them. Each child will be helped
through the process of creating a code for a unique mandala-like design
and will get to take their artwork home ready for displaying on the wall
or presenting as a special gift to someone.
This special workshop will be best suited to children with some experience
of LEGO robotics and/or building moving mechanisms. Generous support will
be offered from the presenter, however participants will get more out of
the day if they are prepared to take on the challenge of designing drawing
attachments that produce different types of movement, for example,
creating oscillating movements or exploring off-centre axes of rotation
for elliptical effects.
1. If KCLC cancels a course prior to commencement, fees paid will be refunded in full;
2. If a learner cancels their enrolment with more than 4 working days notice prior to course commencement, fees paid will be
refunded less an administration fee of 20% of the course cost;
3. No refunds are available when a learner cancels their enrolment within 4 working days prior to commencement of the
4. No refunds are available when a learner fails to advise of cancellation prior to course commencement;
5. No refunds are available after a course has commenced